We are thankful, today, for 75 years of this growing nation, and we remain grateful for the freedoms we are awarded and more. Happy Republic Day, India!
We never like to miss a chance to celebrate India, and these 27-going-on-28 years of McDonald’s being in India has been great. We love to be known as a brand Indians love and trust as their go-to when it comes to quick and delicious meal offerings!
It seemed like a good time to quiz our customers
and to quiz you, too. So, Did you know…?
- The first McDonald’s India store was opened in 1996 in the West and South of India in the city of Mumbai at Linking Road, Bandra. We’ve only looked forward since!
- The McDonald’s meals menu was broadened to include Truly Indian Burgers, in preparation and in taste. These are the McAloo Tikki Burger®, McVeggie® Burger, Chicken Maharaja Mac®, and Veg Maharaja Mac®.
- Meals at McDonald’s are made from fresh ingredients sourced right here at home base. Farmers form the lifeline of the country, and since our inception into India, we’ve been able to employ, rely on, and support 1000s of local farmers.
- McDonald’s India in the West and South regions is run by Westlife Foodworld Limited, an Indian company that understands India’s Quick Service Restaurant sector very well. McDonald’s India in the West and South regions has also employed over 10000 employees to date!
- McDonald’s India sends donations and support to Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children in Mumbai where a special room is set up for kids battling cancer and the kids’ carers. As part of our corporate social responsibility and on behalf of Ronald McDonald House Charities (India), Westlife Foodworld Limited was inspired to do more for communities that need support and make the I’m lovin’ it feeling more inclusive.
McDonald’s is not just a brand in India – it brought new meaning to families and youngsters choosing to eat out in their city. It’s a symbol of celebration, love, trust, and of course, good food! Yeh Hai India Ka McDonald’s, after all!
Republic Day weekend for the win!
This Republic Day falls on a Friday, ushering in a long weekend. Yahoooooo! *Shammi Kapoor style* Whether you’re taking part in your neighborhood’s flag-hoisting and related festivities, watching the parade on TV, driving away to a local retreat, or just chilling – The time is favorable to ORDER IN! Celebrate India shining, with delicious, diverse and desi offerings available on our Republic Day special menu. From the Chicken Maharaja Mac®, Piri Piri McSpicy™ Paneer Burger, Grilled Chicken & Cheese Burger, to the McAloo Tikki Burger®, Veg Maharaja Mac®, and classic McVeggie® Burger, take your pick. We’ve got you covered with offers running on the McDelivery® website and McDelivery® App, when you order online. If you’re visiting us in-store, check the McDonald’s meals menu and McDonald’s App for more.
Serve you soon! 😊