Here are five benefits of eating lettuce –
1. Lettuce has high water content and low carbohydrate and fat content which can help you keep fit.
2. Lettuce is packed with vitamins like Vitamin K and Vitamin A. Each serving of Iceberg lettuce contains 35 micrograms of vitamin K. Vitamin K plays an important role in blood clotting and is essential to the development of the skeletal structure. It also helps in preventing heart diseases.
3. Lettuce is filled with minerals like beta-carotene, manganese, magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus and calcium. It helps build one’s immunity as these minerals decrease free radicals in the body thus protecting us from viral infections and other related diseases.
4. Iron is very beneficial for the human body as it helps in the transportation of oxygen in the blood and it also helps in the formation of red blood cells. Lettuce has rich iron content and its consumption helps prevent diseases like anaemia.
5. Lettuce contains Omega fatty acids which have various health benefits. Omega fatty acids help combat ailments like arthritis, depression, ADHD and Alzheimer’s disease.
The menu at McDonald’s features fresh, crispy iceberg lettuce in its menu items like Aloo wrap, McVeggie, McSpicy Paneer, Spicy Paneer Wrap, McPaneer Royale, Egg Wrap, McChicken, McSpicy Chicken, Grilled Chicken Royale, and the Chicken Maharaja. That’s almost all the items!
So next time you’re at McDonald’s, help yourself to any of these delicious items. Lettuce stay healthy!